Thinking of you...

Free as a bird in Merry Merlot
Blackberry Bliss
I know I have been MIA for a while, and for that, I apologize. My daughter was going through some health stuff, and it took a lot of time and energy on our part to help get her through to the other side. She's perfectly fine now, and well on her way to mending.

You may have heard there's a Stampin' Up sale on right now... 15% savings on select cardstock and inks, as well as savings on some bundles. I've had one of the bundles for a while now, and have used it a lot, but it has fallen by the wayside in the midst of creating for craft sales, and getting Christmas projects done.

I decided to pull out a few of my favourite colours (Rich Razzleberry, Merry Merlot and Blackberry Bliss) and use them with the Free as a Bird bundle (Free as a Bird stamp set and Stitched Nested Labels die) to create some non-traditional Christmas cards.

Not everyone has the same feelings around the holidays, and might be going through a tough time. This sentiment is perfect to let your loved one know you're thinking of them. The gold makes it a little festive, but not over the top.

The birds were stamped on Whisper White, die cut using the Stitched Nested Labels die). coloured with my watercolour pencils- my very favourite colouring medium.

Before I attached the diecut piece to the card, I used a smaller Stitched Nested Labels die to cut out the shape for the sentiment. Cutting it from the card front, you save paper, since no one will see it anyway! (Not my tip, but when I heard it, I thought it was genius!)

Rich Razzleberry
The sentiment is from Winter Woods, stamped in Versamark and embossed in gold.

Here's something I learned making this card... When you cut a hole in the back, and run it through the Subtles embossing folder, you will be left with an unembossed (is that even a word? lol) space where the die cut piece is missing. To work around that, you will need to cut out an extra piece that is the same size as the one you used for the sentiment, and put it in the hole at the back before you run it through your embossing machine. Problem solved!

I hope this has given you a little inspiration for using this stamp set for a holiday card. There's lots of ways it can be used, and for a variety of cards, too- the sentiments are varied, and can be mixed with other stamp sets quite easily.



Be sure to join my email list for more projects, promotion and information about upcoming classes!

Happy Crafting!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designer Series Paper 12 x 12 gift holder

12 Crafts of Christmas- Day 8 faux woodburing

12 Crafts of Christmas- day 6 recipe book