Sometimes, you just have to laugh

I am so happy to see the end of these party invitations! 
My son's birthday is coming up. He originally wanted me to do a pizza theme card, but that just wasn't happening for me, so I decided to do sleeping bags for his sleepover party. Couldn't be easier, right? That's what I thought too. 
It was a recipe for disaster from start to end, but they are done, and he's happy(ish) with them, which is all that matters. 
I was laughing to myself while I was creating them- I was making every mistake in the book. Just goes to prove, it doesn't matter if you've been papercrafting for a while, or are just starting out, mistakes can happen.

I cut the paper the wrong direction the first time. When I got everything sorted out, I taped the  designer paper (Best Route) onto the Pineapple Punch cardstock then stamped the sentiment (from Happy Birthday Gorgeous), and decided I wanted to emboss it, using silver embossing powder. I put the sleeping bag and pillows onto the Night of Navy cardstock, then decided it needed to be embossed, because it was too flat looking. I used the Oh My Stars embossing folder, and then decided to trim the Night of Navy down to 4x5.25 inches and add a backing of Pineapple Punch. I printed the party details on the Pineapple Punch, realized I made a mistake, and flipped it over and reprinted. Stampin' Up! cardstock is absolutely the best- there is no way you can see the flub on the other side. Didn't waste a sheet of paper! Woohoo!
The end was in sight. All I needed to do was tape the front to the party information, and victory was mine!!!! Nope. I taped them on upside down. Every. Single. One. Thankfully there was only three. (My son will be 8. Four 7 and 8 year old boys is plenty for a sleep over hahahaha). Thankfully, I was able to pray to the Tape Gods, and nothing ripped when I took them apart. Success! Nope. Two were fine. I had glued another one on upside down a second time. Sigh. The Tape Gods were on my side again. They were finished. I was a happy mom.
I brought them into the kitchen, and when I got home from work showed my darling son my hard work. And his response was "these are supposed to be sleeping bags??" Yes, my darling boy. Now, they sit on the corner of the island, waiting to be addressed by him and taken to his friends. Wonder how long that'll take? ;)

Happy crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designer Series Paper 12 x 12 gift holder

12 Crafts of Christmas- Day 8 faux woodburing

12 Crafts of Christmas- day 6 recipe book