New toys!

I've finally been able to play with the big box of goodies I ordered to preview the Occasions catalogue and the goodies from Sale-A-Bration (SAB) (which starts January 4).
One of my New Year's resolutions is going to be to actually send the cards I make- regardless if there's an occasion or not. It would brighten someone's day to get a card for no reason. It's always nice to get something other than bills!

I took advantage of some uninterrupted craft time this morning while hubby took the littles for a pre-Christmas errand. This card combines goodies from the new Occaisions catalogue, SAB and the regular catalogue.

This card also gave me the chance to play with the new watercolour pencils Stampin' Up is reintrocuding. I have to admit- I wasn't sure how I would like them- I am more of an ink and aquapainter girl, but I do love how easy they were to use- lighter or harder pressure leads to easy shading, and then using the blender pen gave the flowers just the look I was going after. Perfect! I have a feeling I will be using them a lot more.

On to the details:
 I stamped the centre flower with the black ink, then carefully cleaned it, and inked just the blossom part of the stamp and put it to paper on the left and right side of the main image to create a bigger flower head.

I coloured the flowers with Melon Mambo and the leaves with Old Olive watercolour pencils, then finished it with a blender pen. I also added a bit of shading with the Basic Grey pencil, but it's a little hard to see here.

The image was cut on my Big Shot, using the Stitched Shapes Framelit, and layered it on a slightly bigger circle of Island Indigo.  It was then layered on a piece of Whisper White, which was run through the Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.

Here's a list of what I used:
  • Cardstock- Whisper White and Island Indigo
  • Ink- black Momento (flower and sentiment)
  • Avant Garden stamp set (Sale-A-Bration- free with $60 purchase from January 4- March 31)
  • Stitched Shapes Framelits 
  • Metalic Ribbon (combo pack with silver and gold- Sale-A-Bration- free with $60 purchase from January 4- March 31)
  • Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
  • Sentiment is from Dragonfly Dreams, Occasions catalogue (January 4-May 31) 

I'll be having a Sale-A-Bration kick-off event January 4. Lots of samples, you'll be able to play with some of the new product, and there will be prizes, too! Register by January 2.

For more information about the upcoming classes, check back regularly, or visit my Facebook page , and sign up for my newsletter. (link is on the left side of the page) I send it out once per month, and it has all the class information, as well as my favourite product picks, and a newsletter-only project!

Happy crafting!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designer Series Paper 12 x 12 gift holder

12 Crafts of Christmas- Day 8 faux woodburing

12 Crafts of Christmas- day 6 recipe book