Inspiration in a pile of scraps

Yesterday, I was doing some project ideas for the catalogue launch I'm holding January 4, and of course, there was a huge pile of scraps on the desk when I was finished. I don't normally hold on to smaller pieces of scrap paper, because I find them hard to use. But, sometimes, I leave them on my desk because I may have a use for them.

When I finished crafting for the day, I walked out of my space and just shut the door, thinking I'd get back to it today.
Well, I didn't. I couldn't find the inspiration, so, instead, I decided to organize all my 8.5x11 cardstock by colour. I happened to find some large zip-top plastic bags today, and arranged them all by colour. I am so happy it's organized now, and I can find exactly the colour I want.

After I finished that task, I was going to start stamping and creating for a few card classes I have scheduled for January, but I couldn't get into it today. Some days, I have no problem coming up with ideas- one thing spins into the next and before I know it, all the cards I need are done.

I decided to take a Facebook break before calling it quits for today, and came across a post from a Stampin' Up demonstrators' group I belong to. She was talking about scraps, and I had a lightbulb moment.

I looked at the pile of scraps I had accumulated that were destined for the recycling bin, and immediately was hit with inspiration.

I have been trying to work through all the stamps sets I got from my pre-order for the new catalogues one at a time, to get some samples done, and to try out the sets.

One of the Sale-A-Bration stamp sets I got in my pre-order is called Any Occasion. The sentiments are small, and fit the bill. (FYI- this set could be yours free with a $60 Stampin' Up purchase!- Ask me how)



In less than 30 minutes, I had five cards, for any occasion. I have to say, I am pretty pleased with how they turned out.

All of the cards I created use the Any Occasion stamp set, stamped in black Memento ink.
Most of the patterned paper is from the Serene Scenery paper pack (it's a 6x6 paper pad). I also used Island Indigo, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White and Crumb Cake card stock.

One of the scraps on my desk was the negative cut from the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits that will be available in the new Occasions catalogue, which debuts January 4. I absolutely love those stamps and the coordinating dies that go with it. Never in a million years did I think I'd be doing something with the negative!

I love how the cards turn out, and with the variety of sentiments available in the set, I can see myself using it for many more cards like this in the future!

Don't forget- earning free items with Sale-A-Bration is super easy! You'll get to pick one item from the Sale-A-Bration flyer for every $60 (before shipping and taxes) you spend on Stampin' Up items.

Plus- if you book a party, you'll be eligible to earn MORE free items during Sale-A-Bration. Plus, if you join to become a Stampin' Up demonstrator, you'll not only get your amazing starter kit for $135, you'll get TWO more stamp sets, valued up to $135. What's not to love with a deal like that?

If you're interested in hosting a Stampin' Up party, or if you'd like more information on joining, please visit my Facebook page and send me a message, or send me an email at papersparkle@gmail.com

Happy crafting!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designer Series Paper 12 x 12 gift holder

12 Crafts of Christmas- Day 8 faux woodburing

12 Crafts of Christmas- day 6 recipe book