Finishing touches

I wanted to design a card today for a former co-worker who is going through some fairly serious health concerns lately, to let him know I've been thinking about him.
He enjoys outdoor adventures and nature, and I thought that this would suit him well.
It's easy for me to come up with feminine cards, or cards for kids, but sometimes, cards for men take a few trips back to the drawing board.
First, I was thinking about doing something with a watercolour background, but that didn't sit with the vision in my head. So, I got up, wandered around my craft space, and started pulling out cardstock. I love browns, and had Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake close at hand, and that was my jumping off point.
When it was finished, and layered, I decided that it needed a textural element, so I ran it through my Big Shot and gave it a the finishing touches.
Sometimes, it takes a little time to hit on the winning design. Once everything clicks, things come together easily. 


Materials:

Wilderness Awaits (stag)
Chocolate Chip ink
Chocolate Chip and Crumb Cake cardstock
Brass brads
Crazy About You (sentiment)
Seaside Textured Impressions Embossing Folder

Cut the white cardstock to 2.75 x 2.75
Cut Chocolate Chip cardstock to 3x3
Cut Crumb Cake cardstock to 3.25x3.25
Use the remainder of the Chocolate Chip for the background piece, and cut a 3/4 inch piece of the Crumb Cake for the sentiment.

Happy crafting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designer Series Paper 12 x 12 gift holder

12 Crafts of Christmas- Day 8 faux woodburing

12 Crafts of Christmas- day 6 recipe book