Make new friends....

My Stampin' Up goodies came yesterday. It's so much fun to take a look at new toys and think about ways to use them. I've been getting ready for craft sales, and promised myself that I would get nearly everything finished before I broke the seal on my new goodies.
I was making good progress on my to-do list. Then my husband came home and requested a card. One of the people he works with is injured, and everyone wanted to send him a get well card. Mission accepted!

It took me about two seconds to decide on which set(s) I would use, and about another two for the colours I wanted. While I was making this card, I grabbed some retired items (Really Rust cardstock and some older ink spots), some well-loved items (Lovely as a Tree) and one of my new stamp sets (Crazy about You). 

I took the ink spots and rubbed them on the lower half of the cardstock, sprayed it with a little water and folded the cardstock in half to create the watercolour look. I stamped the trees on the top portion of the cardstock.

Lovely as a Tree and the sentiment from Crazy about You are stamped in Chocolate Chip, and the
image is layered on Really Rust and Chocolate Chip cardstock.

The Crazy about You sentiment is one line, however, to suit my need, I inked the first two words and pressed it onto the cardstock, wiped the stamp, inked the last two words and then used a punch. The sentiment is attached to the card with foam dots to give it a bit of dimension.

The entire time I was making this card, I had a song from my childhood going through my brain... "Make new friends, and keep the old- one is silver and the other gold." It really rings true with Stampin' Up products... everything works so well together, the old and the new blend together perfectly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Designer Series Paper 12 x 12 gift holder

12 Crafts of Christmas- Day 8 faux woodburing

12 Crafts of Christmas- day 6 recipe book